Wednesday 23 January 2013

THANK GOD FOR CLEAR COVERS - THANKS TO MY SISTER


I was running through cover designs with my sister, a working mother of 4 who lives in Sydney. She said “the designs are great but I hope you are making clear covers, my kids can’t have printed covers”.  “Why would I make clear covers when you can already buy them in every newsagency?” I replied. “Because yours are cool (sorry kool) and have a pocket and a pen holder and your plastic is thicker and it will have your kool brand on it which the kids will want”. At this point I remember saying something like “no one will buy them and at least I’ll have 1000’s of clear covers for your kids”, as only a caring sister would say very sarcastically.

I have to thank my sister for that suggestion way back when. Today they are an essential element of our range. Not only do many schools insist on clear covers only but it means no more covering text books either. Our clear covers won’t fit all text books but we did make them extra wide to cover the thickest exercise book and attempt to cover as many text books as possible. This is an example of a text book covered in 30 seconds.  Stay Kool!



1 comment:

  1. This is the first year I've had to think about covering my son's books. Previously the teachers have done it themselves for the whole class - using clear contact! Argghh...what a job :(

    I'm not sure exactly what my son is permitted to have on the cover of his school books this year but clear covers would be a safe option and the pocket and pen holder does add a 'kool' factor to them for sure :)

    ReplyDelete